Get your voice in a 7Seas game!

News from the 7Seas development team. Only administrators can start new threads here. Any registered user can reply.

Get your voice in a 7Seas game!

Postby Seven Shikami » 16 Jan 2009, 19:55

Here's your chance to get your voice into a 7Seas game!

We're developing a new contest called "Wheel of Fish" and we're going to be adding the sound an in-studio audience chanting "Wheel! Of! Fish!". Of course, to do that we need your help!

If you've got a microphone on your computer (a GOOD one) and know how to record your voice to an MP3 or a WAV file, and want to participate, record the following:

...several seconds of silence... then "WHEEL!" ... then a brief pause... "OF!" ... pause... "FISH!"

Don't worry about the timing; the pauses are so we can add/remove silence to line up your words with everyone else's. Try not to be so loud that your voice sounds scratchy and overamplified.

If you do a good job and your audio's clean and usable, we'll put it in the game and put a Thank You to you in the game docs!

Submit your SL name and your audio file by email to:
7seasfishing@gmail.com
Please ZIP your file to compress it if possible. Do not send files over 2 megs in size; if it's that big, You're Doing It Wrong(tm). This offer only valid through Friday, January 23rd.

For a good example of the sort of "WHEEL!... OF!... FISH!" sound we need, check this video about 20 seconds in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5NkGIznMEc
From the workshop of Seven Shikami, Official 7Seas Code Monkey.
For technical support please contact 7Seas Sass by IM in Second Life.
Seven Shikami

Re: Get your voice in a 7Seas game!

Postby 7Seas Sass » 23 Jan 2009, 10:44

Today's the last day to enter, folks! See instructions above.
You can just call me "Sass." I am your official customer support gal! Send me an IM in Second Life (name: 7Seas Sass) if you need individual help.
7Seas Sass

Return to Official Announcements