[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
7Seas Fishing Forum • View topic - How do people feel about having a forum for Trading?

How do people feel about having a forum for Trading?

For discussion of all things 7Seas, user-to-user support, and fish or salvage trade requests. Any registered user can start new threads here and reply.

Would you like a sub-forum dedicated to just trading customs & official fish?

Poll ended at 21 Dec 2008, 15:33

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 18

Re: How do people feel about having a forum for Trading?

Postby Darius Draken » 22 Dec 2008, 05:41

The reason why many people design custom fish is to entice people to come and fish in there area.
I definitly woudn't be too happy to see someone sell an Ultra Extreme Rare on which I invested my time to make fishing in my area worthwhile.
It would prompt me to put less design in rare fish as they could possibly end up making money for someone else :(
All in all, take great considderation on how this will not only affect the fishers (sure, you get to collect them all) but also the reasons why people make custom fish in the first place :idea:
Darius Draken

Postby 7Seas Sass » 22 Dec 2008, 09:33

This is a bit off topic, but Darius, if you want to stop people from selling your fish you can do one of two things.
1) Add to the pop-up description in the fish menu that the fish is not to be sold, only given as a gift or trade. That will stop people who notice the description in the pop-up and also choose to care.
2) Turn off transfer-OK for your fish. That's more extreme, but it would work!

As for the OT, we'll definitely consider adding a trading section if it seems this existing section is overrun with trading messages and burying other topics. We'll see. :)
You can just call me "Sass." I am your official customer support gal! Send me an IM in Second Life (name: 7Seas Sass) if you need individual help.
7Seas Sass

Postby Darius Draken » 22 Dec 2008, 11:14

Thanks Sass, will keep that in mind.

Cheers
Darius Draken

Postby Amara Twilight » 28 Dec 2008, 21:18

Amara Twilight

Postby Mayli Nirpaw » 01 Jan 2009, 09:50

Mayli Nirpaw

Postby 7Seas Sass » 01 Jan 2009, 11:36

Since this is going further and further off-topic, I made a new thread over in the OpenSeas section about how to request that people not sell your custom fish:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52

Please go there to reply to that topic!

(Amara, since we haven't seen anything new here about trading and we've already established the criteria for making a new forum, I'm thinking of locking this thread. OK?)
You can just call me "Sass." I am your official customer support gal! Send me an IM in Second Life (name: 7Seas Sass) if you need individual help.
7Seas Sass

Postby Amara Twilight » 02 Jan 2009, 19:46

Sounds good. not many people are posting trade requests as it is so... :D
Amara Twilight

Postby Alpha Vargas » 03 Jan 2009, 23:37

I'd say.... mostly yes.
Mostly, because imo, being able to trade for all your fish makes the challenge of catching them all less rewarding, but that's just how I generally feel about games. =P

What others have said about needing the board - I think if word about it gets around in the 7S groups, it'll be a hit. The forums seem very small and young still, so... how many people in the groups even know about the forums at all? >_>

Think we need to be respectful, though, if some Areas with custom catches want to opt-out of their customs being easily traded on the forums (for whatever reason, even if they permit trading elsewhere), that should be respected and enforced.
Alpha Vargas

Postby 7Seas Sass » 04 Jan 2009, 20:37

OK, thanks for the feedback, everybody! And thanks for broaching the topic, Amara. Locking now as noted above. :)
7Seas Sass

Previous

Return to 7Seas General Discussion