[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
7Seas Fishing Forum • View topic - Local Leaderboards Upgrade Request

Local Leaderboards Upgrade Request

For discussion of all things 7Seas, user-to-user support, and fish or salvage trade requests. Any registered user can start new threads here and reply.

Local Leaderboards Upgrade Request

Postby Chaffro Schoonmaker » 28 Feb 2009, 07:46

Hi 7Seas-ians,

OK, I wanted to set up a local leader board on group deeded, but public land. The community that this would have been in has 2 groups, one for merchants (who land is deeded to) and one for public, to be notified of any events etc. So I'd have liked to have had the leaderboard able to display the scores from the public group, but if the trophy is set to that group, it gets auto-returned. So can I ask you add an option for the trophy to search for a group's profile key, so it can be set to one group, but listen for boasts from another please?

Sass' advice was to set to the leaderboard to Private and manually add folk, which I'm doing. I've stopped for a break at 150, but still have a further 678 folk to add :( . I know there are other possible workarounds, like cutting a small patch of land and deeding it to the public group (I'm not a land owner or officer either, so would need to get the land owner to have to do this), etc, but that would pretty much mean the trophy would have to stay put in one place.

Thankyou!

:D
Last edited by Chaffro Schoonmaker on 01 Mar 2009, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.
Chaffro Schoonmaker

Re: Local Leaderboards Upgrade Request

Postby Seven Shikami » 28 Feb 2009, 20:34

I looked into this today, since I need to go in and make a patch for the leaderboards anyway (why has only ONE PERSON since beta and since we launched told me that clicking the board to get your standing doesn't actually do anything?)

Unfortunately, it's not possible. SL's scripting language only has two functions to check the active group -- llSameGroup and llDetectedGroup. All they can do is compare the scripted object's group against another object's group. I can't have it, say, store the name of the group and then compare it against the user; it has to be the object's active group.

Also -- note that it's NOT gonna be able to store names and scores for 678 people. The maximum is 200.
From the workshop of Seven Shikami, Official 7Seas Code Monkey.
For technical support please contact 7Seas Sass by IM in Second Life.
Seven Shikami

Postby Chaffro Schoonmaker » 01 Mar 2009, 02:49

Oh rats. OK, well, thankyou very much for looking at it anyway!

:)
Chaffro Schoonmaker

Postby Judi Newall » 03 Mar 2009, 01:25

Judi Newall

Return to 7Seas General Discussion