Updated Custom lists on the Webpage

For discussion of all things 7Seas, user-to-user support, and fish or salvage trade requests. Any registered user can start new threads here and reply.

Updated Custom lists on the Webpage

Postby ItsJust Wise » 19 Mar 2009, 00:48

Alot of people are now just fishing for customs and i think it would be nice to get this part of the website updated again... it hasn't been adapted for over 2 months and isn't really usefull anymore like it is.

I know you guys have been busy with alot of other things..but i think other people will agree that this section of the webpage maight be useful for those who hunt customs.(if updated)

So i was wondering if this section could be updated at least once a week ?
ItsJust Wise

Re: Updated Custom lists on the Webpage

Postby Seven Shikami » 19 Mar 2009, 12:36

At the moment, the fishing area list (and its subpage, customs) are frozen because we're developing an automated in-SL tool you can use to update this information yourself. Keeping the list up to date, especially after we introduced custom listings, was just proving way too much burden on 7Seas Sass.

The good news is that as of 15 minutes ago the database backend for this system is finished. I'll be doing some closed beta testing with a few fishing areas, then once it's solid enough, we'll be releasing it to the public. You'll be able to get a copy of the tool with your Fishing Area Kit's Proof of Purchase. Using it will mean rezzing one more prim on your land, note, but there are ways around that.

More details coming soon! Thank you for your patience. That list will come alive again!
From the workshop of Seven Shikami, Official 7Seas Code Monkey.
For technical support please contact 7Seas Sass by IM in Second Life.
Seven Shikami

Return to 7Seas General Discussion