[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
7Seas Fishing Forum • View topic - AIC and some answers

AIC and some answers

For discussion of all things 7Seas, user-to-user support, and fish or salvage trade requests. Any registered user can start new threads here and reply.

AIC and some answers

Postby Barbara Schwarz » 26 Apr 2009, 15:44

I was looking at my inventory a while back and saw that I had WAY too many customs.
Rather than simply delete them all, I thought it would be fun to have a silly contest to give them away.

When people post "First three to IM me" types of things, it may get people to respond, but it doesn't really help the community.

So, some mornings for the last two or three weeks I have been having a silly question contest, I would pick 3 winners and each would get a box of customs from two or more fishing places. I tracked the winners each time and will be giving out grand prizes which are collections of custom rods.

Some of the contests:
"I deserve Shelbi's customs because: "
"I love Huggable bears because: "
A trivia contest about Aruba
"I don't deserve a collection of customs from Amara because I if had some mermaids and mermen I would:"
"The cool thing about customs is: "
"If I don't win some of the AIC rods I will..."

Well, I decided to ask serious questions for the last two, and here is the result of the first one.
Each person had to submit their answers on note cards knowing that the contents would be posted here.

The task was to complete the sentence: "The most important things in a fishing area for me are (in order):"

[H]onestly I'd have to say is other fishers and customs,[...]

The most important for me is the lack of lag. The next would have to be atmosphere. I don't want to fish in an area that is so cluttered with [junk.] Finally would have to be friendliness. I like to talk while I fish with the people around me.

1) Water 2) Good Customs 3) Adult-friendly atmosphere

1 Owners/hosts that I like and respect. []people who are friendly, fun, and not judgmental of others. 2 As few restrictions as possible for the area. 3 Little to no lag if possible. 4 IF an area has custom fish (not required!), a few good imaginative ones rather than massive quantities of "stuff".

1. The company. 2. The customs. 3. Design. I like to look at more than docks and seats. 4. Amenities - Vendor, Zyngo, etc. 5. Rules [against furies, fangs, etc].

-water with fishies -the friendly folks [who run the areas] -the great people in 7seas fishing [with] humor and the knowledge the[y] share -water with fishies -low lag-no drama -the ability to rezz on site-water with fishies -great custom fishie -odd custom fishies -transferable custom fishies -nicely places contest boards -well organized custom lists -trees and pretty flowers -fish settings that are challenging but not overly frustrating or impossible... -piers -sand -fun custom rods -sea monsters -fairly short, non-spammy contest announcements -somewhere to shop when i am using the invisible no animation rod -that griefers are stomped on with no mercy [] -trophys -multiple creators

1 that it is friendly place to fish. 2 lots of diff customs to catch. 3 that it looks nice.

1.The opportunity to catch really great customs 2. Great contests 3. Rewards for different types of catches 4. Places that are not exclusionary 5. Great people running a fishing contest 6. Great people that are in a contest 7. A place that is not really laggy.

1 friendly people 2 transferable customs so I can trade with others. 3 not being flooded with customs or having 100 SURs that you can't catch. 4 no clutter, no lag. 4 Local chat.

[One rather indecent reply not posted.]

That is it. Prize boxes out to the winners shortly.
Barbara Schwarz

AIC Final round.

Postby Barbara Schwarz » 27 Apr 2009, 04:21

Start of the final round of the AIC today. Here is the chat about it:

[5:08] Barbara Schwarz: Today's AIC question is very different that past ones. I would like the answers on notecards that INCLUDE YOUR NAME.
And, you have until 6PM SL time 28 April (tomorrow) to write those note cards. Anything on the notecard submissions will end up in the 7Seas forum.
If you dont want it there, then don't send a notecard. Oh, and something like double points as well. (Watch out Rizzyd.)
[5:09] Barbara Schwarz: It is still complete the sentance, but today's is: "If I could change something about 7Seas it would be:"
[5:10] Rizzyd Ragu: wow thats a toughy Barb....
[5:10] Rizzyd Ragu: is there a word limit?
[5:11] Barbara Schwarz: Good prizes deserve tough questions
[5:11] Barbara Schwarz: Nope, I don't think I mentioned a word limit. Nor did I mention anything about multiple entries.
[5:12] Rizzyd Ragu: wow, for that i might even power up word and really show i can actually speak and spell correctly
[5:13] Tammy Howley: ROFL
[5:16] Barbara Schwarz: never. never in a million years. Not a chance.

So, if you want to enter, there are about 36 hours remaining from the time I am writing this.
Barbara Schwarz

Re: AIC and some answers

Postby Barbara Schwarz » 29 Apr 2009, 07:25

Barbara Schwarz

Re: AIC and some answers

Postby Barbara Schwarz » 29 Apr 2009, 08:09

OK, it is all over, and it was way too much work, but here are the results:

Grand prize boxes going out when I get them packed up.

Moon Fairymeadow 34
Gilgalahad Gunsberg 33
K00La1d Masala 32
StixGuy Nightfire 32
Rizzyd Ragu 29
Cejia Drezelan 16
Keith Cleanslate 14
Julie Cardiff 13
Chocha Abeyante 8
Tammy Howley 8
Venus Jenkins 7
Rhiannon Hanfoi 6