7Seas Location Hud / Dominating at contests

For discussion of all things 7Seas, user-to-user support, and fish or salvage trade requests. Any registered user can start new threads here and reply.

7Seas Location Hud / Dominating at contests

Postby RickQuonset » 01 May 2009, 02:59

I had a couple questions, is there a hud available I could offer to guests that they could use to find the other 7Seas fishing areas listed on the website?

Second question is, it seems now with autocasting etc. it's a luck of the draw on contests. Still I see some who seemingly dominate no matter what competition they go to. How is that possible? Is there some other device you can use that would give an advantage?

Thanks in advance.
RickQuonset

Re: 7Seas Location Hud / Dominating at contests

Postby Alice Xue » 02 May 2009, 09:40

HUD or no HUD, there are other considerations in fishing contests, like the user's computer, internet connection, and even where they stand during a contest. A person with a top-of-the-line rig and a T1 connection is likely to be able to cast faster (and therefor catch more) than someone with an older machine and basic cable, especially if they choose to park their avatar in the center of a lot of lag-inducing bling, dancing, etcetera.
.•°°•. * .•°°•. * .•°°•. Argue not with a dragon, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie. .•°°•. * .•°°•. * .•°°•.
Alice Xue

Return to 7Seas General Discussion