Feature Request: Better Bait Loading

For discussion of all things 7Seas, user-to-user support, and fish or salvage trade requests. Any registered user can start new threads here and reply.

Feature Request: Better Bait Loading

Postby Dudley Aristocrat » 04 Nov 2009, 08:36

Apologies if this is asking the impossible.

Is it possible to have a system for loading bait to a rod without first rezzing the bait bucket? For obvious good reasons, the landowners of fishing sites often prohibit visitors rezzing objects on their land. I have to teleport to a sandbox to load bait before returning to the fishing site. When bait is purchased, could it be loaded directly from the vendor to the rod?
Dudley Aristocrat

Re: Feature Request: Better Bait Loading

Postby Amara Twilight » 04 Nov 2009, 22:05

Hey there Dudley! Glad to see a new poster :)

7Seas earlier in the year used to have a bulk buy and it loads right onto your rod feature. However this was counter intuitive to the usual buy a bucket and load feature and it caused 7Seas Sass a ton of work. People wouldn't read the directions, they'd forget to wear they're rods and other problems. Even after Seven added in an extra popup window it caused problems so it was removed.

Now, with that being said, you can also wear your bait bucket in your hand ( i believe it goes to the left hand but I can't remember offhand for sure ) and you click on the bucket and it will load onto your rod just as if you had spawned it on the ground. The bucket will then get hovertext that lets you know it's been used as it won't autodelete itself due to you're wearing it as an attachment.

The above will prevent your needing to pop off to a sandbox to load bait. :) Hope that helped!
Amara Twilight

Re: Feature Request: Better Bait Loading

Postby Dudley Aristocrat » 05 Nov 2009, 03:20

That is very helpful. Thanks, Amara!
Dudley Aristocrat

Return to 7Seas General Discussion