[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
7Seas Fishing Forum • View topic - Revising lists based on here? (Resolved! See post 4)

Revising lists based on here? (Resolved! See post 4)

Promote your fishing area, contest, or new OpenSeas content. Only purple names (see sticky) can start new threads here. Any registered user can reply.

Revising lists based on here? (Resolved! See post 4)

Postby 7Seas Sass » 18 Dec 2008, 11:09

You've probably seen my locked forum intro post:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5&start=0

Here's a question for the community...

I am sure people will start using this forum quite a bit, since postings here last longer than promotion in the "7Seas Social Chat" channel.

So I'm contemplating whether I should attempt to revise those official fishing area lists, custom catchable lists, and contest entries based on info you post here. That way you wouldn't have to send duplicate information to me separately inside of SL.

BUT, none of us really know for sure whether people registered here are using their real SL names, or using somebody else's name -- see my concern?

So for example, if "Spike Linden" posted here to say he was closing his fishing area, and I went and deleted it from the list... then it turns out it wasn't the real Spike Linden, that really sucks.

I guess you could independently verify with me that your SL name = your forum name, by sending me an IM inside of SL? Maybe I need to make a user group here in the forum of people with "verified SL names"?

Any suggestions welcome!
You can just call me "Sass." I am your official customer support gal! Send me an IM in Second Life (name: 7Seas Sass) if you need individual help.
7Seas Sass

Re: Question for you all: SHOULD I revise lists based on here?

Postby Meissa Thorne » 18 Dec 2008, 13:01

I dig having a "verified member" category. It shouldn't be tough considering people already have to register an email. And I'm sure you'll be moderating anyone who comes on and realizes someone has registered under their SL name. That seems like an instant removal sort of thing, as long as it's an obvious counterfeit. Can we make a board for fishing area updates that is ONLY accessible by people on the "verified SL members" list, and then have a policy that things like complete deletion of a fishing area would be verified within SL as well. So that you would IM them in SL if they had sent a forum request to delete?
Meissa Thorne

Re: Question for you all: SHOULD I revise lists based on here?

Postby 7Seas Sass » 18 Dec 2008, 13:50

Okay, I tried to set that up and I think it worked. Maybe.

To be added to the "Verified SL Name" group, log into Second Life and send an IM to 7Seas Sass stating "My forum name and SL name are the same."

If you need to change your user name to match first, go to...
and adjust the Username field.

Once you're in the group (you are, Meissa) I can set the group as your default, which renders your name in a nice shiny purple color. That makes it really easy to see who's verified and who's not.
You can just call me "Sass." I am your official customer support gal! Send me an IM in Second Life (name: 7Seas Sass) if you need individual help.
7Seas Sass

Revising lists based on here?

Postby 7Seas Sass » 18 Dec 2008, 13:54

7Seas Sass

Re: Revising lists based on here? (Resolved! See post 4)

Postby Celeste Cazenove » 19 Dec 2008, 12:40

Seems like you got it all figured out already :) I sent you my IM and you changed my name to purple and now i can post and thats great cuz as you can see.....I like purple, lol.
Come catch my new customs at CC's Fish Factory http://slurl.com/secondlife/Symbiotic/36/141/25
SL Marketplace merchant, view all my (CC)PG's at: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/24038
Celeste Cazenove

Return to Community Announcements