Scoreboard reading/relaying script

No promotion here please! Discuss building, collecting, and using community catchables and 7Seas-compatible buyables. Any registered user can start new threads here and reply.

Scoreboard reading/relaying script

Postby Jaelin Kira » 14 Jun 2009, 12:42

Ok. This has been kickin' me in the backside for some time now and I have no where left to turn for this other than the official forums in hopes that SOMEONE has what I need.

There is a script in SL that sets inside a single prim. I have seen most people use the prim as invisible and place it at whatever height in their fishing area they desire.

Above the prim, the same scores you see on the 7seas fishing scoreboards are displayed in text only format... so that you don't need to have a second full scoreboard just to show the scores to those that may not be sitting within visible range or want to cam around to get a view of the boards themselves.

I know that Shelbi (ALPHA LAKE Customs) has this script as she has placed it at our original fishing place @ the 7Seas Community Fishing sim.

I also know that several custom creators seem to have this script as they are putting them in various shoulder pets, rods, etc. to display scores and also user stats.

Does ANYONE happen to have, and be willing to part with, the script that I am seeing in so many creations and fishing holes now-a-days?

Preferably modifiable and copyable so that I can alter text colors and add our own header depending on what (SIN) site we place it at.

Everyone I have talked to in-world is unwilling to part with it, even for $L which just seems to be outside the spirit of the whole OpenSeas idea.

I, myself, am ONLY looking for this to use at our (SIN) fishing location. I will not be giving away/selling/placing this script anywhere that is not sponsored/hosted by (SIN). So if anyone is unwilling to hand this script out due to things such as these, (SIN) is fairly well known in 7S community and associated directly with our business... we refuse to jeopardize any of that just to make a buck on someone else's creations, so you have nothing to worry about.

If any one can help, PLEASE let me know either here or in-world.

Thanks in advanced!!!!!
xoxo
Jaelin Kira & Destiny Ashdene

Sinfully Sweet Photo Studio
(SIN) Fishing HideAway
Jaelin Kira

Re: Scoreboard reading/relaying script

Postby Locksley Blitzstein » 22 Jul 2010, 09:32

Sent you In-world If you didn't get get a hold of me
Locksley Blitzstein

Postby Alpha Vargas » 28 Feb 2011, 09:34

I've been trying to figure that out for ages, too.

The only other thing I can think of is that each of those board "readers" actually functions as a board itself - listening to catches on the server/rod channels, and keeping track of the score. I'd do that myself, but... having that many listens, with as many people as show up to contests? Recipe for lag disaster.
Alpha Vargas

Postby Celeste Cazenove » 02 Dec 2011, 03:04

From the description of the object it sound to me like the (DS) lolly, that comes with either her pot or board.. or maybe both. i know i have one that works just like that, i just dont use it. Since the scripts are all non-permed and you can only get gadget by buying from Diamond Synthesis, my guess it that she designed it for sale.

Now it is possible.. if Diamond can do it so can others, to use the OpenSeas scripts to design your own doohickey to do the same thing. But I for one dont wanna bother, when I spend the time to script something like that, I try to make it something that isnt already readily available.
Come catch my new customs at CC's Fish Factory http://slurl.com/secondlife/Symbiotic/36/141/25
SL Marketplace merchant, view all my (CC)PG's at: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/24038
Celeste Cazenove

Return to OpenSeas Creations