How are people making trans-ok custom rods?

No promotion here please! Discuss building, collecting, and using community catchables and 7Seas-compatible buyables. Any registered user can start new threads here and reply.

How are people making trans-ok custom rods?

Postby Alpha Vargas » 03 Jan 2009, 23:33

I've seen a lot of custom rods in the Custom Catches lists... I'm wondering how people are making rods that are transferrable? The Inivisible pro Rod (anim or no) isn't transfer and neither are its operating scripts... so how are people making these?

Rod development hasn't open-sourced yet, has it? I'd certain buy a kit if it was. (for making functional rods. I'm aware of the decorative-only rod kit out there).
Last edited by Alpha Vargas on 04 Jan 2009, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Vargas

Re: How are people mading trans-ok custom rods?

Postby Seven Shikami » 04 Jan 2009, 09:10

A rod can either be wearable, unscripted item to be used with an Invisible Rod (and therefore trans-OK is fine) or you can use the Invisible Rod Developer's Specs to hook into the cast/catch/miss messages via chat channels (and in an upcoming version, linkmessages). You don't need to fully embed the fishing scripts into a rod to make it useful as a result -- you use a custom rod in conjunction with an invisible.

That said, I don't know if anybody's making customs that are transferrable.
From the workshop of Seven Shikami, Official 7Seas Code Monkey.
For technical support please contact 7Seas Sass by IM in Second Life.
Seven Shikami

Re: How are people mading trans-ok custom rods?

Postby Jen Shikami » 04 Jan 2009, 19:08

To clarify, I added a paragraph on Custom Fishing Rods to the Community page here:
http://7seasfishing.com/community.html

"Custom Fishing Rods -- Not a kit, but you can build a custom rod that works alongside the pro phantom fishing rods. One of them has animations and sound effects built right in. So all you have to do is tell people which phantom fishing rod to wear alongside your custom rod."

As for permissions, you can set those however you like, I suppose.
Official builder for 7Seas Fishing. Learn more at http://7seasfishing.com
For technical support, please contact 7Seas Sass by IM in Second Life.
Jen Shikami

Return to OpenSeas Creations