[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
7Seas Fishing Forum • View topic - customs fomula

customs fomula

No promotion here please! Discuss building, collecting, and using community catchables and 7Seas-compatible buyables. Any registered user can start new threads here and reply.

customs fomula

Postby Calberd Ofarrel » 05 Jan 2009, 03:51

I'm getting ready to set out my first round of customs. I was wondering if anyone(s) would be willing to share forumla for their configuration. IE like 1 sur for every, 3 ultra, 6 rare, 9 uncommon, 10 common and what percentages you set those at. More concerned about percentages and what have proven to be most successful! Thanks for any help that is given!
Calberd Ofarrel

Re: customs fomula

Postby Jen Shikami » 05 Jan 2009, 04:16

I'm sure hardcore custom content creators will have more advice for you, but here's a tidbit or two.

From what I hear, it's good to set the SUR catch rate very high. If you think about the fact that the people are only catching a SUR 2% of the time to start with, the default 40% is very low. It means they only get one of your customs 40% of 2%, or less than 1%, of all successful catches... And if you consider the catch rate for a Level 5 person is 65%, that means they'd catch your SUR maybe once in every 200 casts (if my math is right...)

If you have more than one SUR, then it becomes extremely difficult for people to collect them all, particularly since they aren't targetable. Some people work around this problem by not only upping the catch rate for SURs, but also separating their SURs into multiple prize givers so you get a shot at each giver every time you catch a SUR. (Thank you for that tip, Amara!)

Of course, if you WANT it to be that insane-o difficult, then that's your perogative of course... I've just heard of a lot of frustrated completists out there!

If it helps, consider your percentages in light of the person's typical chances of catching an item, which you can find here:
http://7seasfishing.com/stats.html

For a level 5 person, that's...
Catching: 65%
Of successful catches, it breaks down as follows:
SuperUltraRare: 2%
Ultrarare: 9%
Rare: 19%
Uncommon: 45%
Common: 25%
Official builder for 7Seas Fishing. Learn more at http://7seasfishing.com
For technical support, please contact 7Seas Sass by IM in Second Life.
Jen Shikami

Postby Calberd Ofarrel » 05 Jan 2009, 17:12

Wow, thanks for that information!! I totally missed that stats page. I'm so glad you mentioned it. Helps a lot in determining percentages of customs.

I'm confused on "but also separating their SURs into multiple prize givers so you get a shot at each giver every time you catch a SUR." Being a fishing area n00b I dont understand how having multiple CPG make a difference? If you had 1 CPG with 3 custom surs at 100% catch rate wouldn't it pick one of the three surs to give similar to if you had 3 CPG with 1 custom sur each at 100%? Maybe I'm misunderstanding! I appreciate again the feedback!
Calberd Ofarrel

Postby Amara Twilight » 06 Jan 2009, 05:26

Amara Twilight

Postby Celeste Cazenove » 13 Jan 2009, 18:36

This is the way i do it, you can take what you wish and leave the rest. I have a wide variety of types of items, so i try to put a couple or few of each type in each rarity (ie: gestures, fish, clothing, accesories, buddies) The items that required the most work and are my favorites are usually more rare than others. New items start as SUR and may work there way down the list. My salvage and blueprints are in seperate CPG because if you put them in with alot of other catches they are VERY hard to complete (especially if you have a large list). The way to think of it is this, if you set you rarity catch rate at 20% then one out of 5 catches of that rarity will get a custum, but if you have 20 custums of that rarity in your server then people may have to get a custum of that rarity 20 times before they get the one they need. So thats 20 X 5 = 100 sucessful catches of that rarity needed to catch a specific custum. The more custums you get the more you will have to raise catch rates to compensate for this. My catch rates are currently 30,35,40,45 and 75 and the salvage CPG since it has fewer things in it is 7,10,15,25 and 70. As i add more salvage and blueprints i will raise those rates.

Hope that helps a little :)
Come catch my new customs at CC's Fish Factory http://slurl.com/secondlife/Symbiotic/36/141/25
SL Marketplace merchant, view all my (CC)PG's at: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/24038
Celeste Cazenove

Postby Judi Newall » 30 Jan 2009, 03:01

Thank you for this, it's a big help. Like Cal I'm about to rollout my first customs and this has taken out the guesswork (maths not being a strong point, especially when dealing with percetages of percentages!) I don't want to disappoint the creator or the customers by making them either uncatchable or too easy. I'm now planning 2 CPGs, one for salvage and one for other items.
Salvage CPG 1xCommon 40%, 1xUnc 45%, 2xUR 75%, 2xRare 50%, 1xSUR 80%
Other items CPG 1xCommon 40%, 1xUnc 45%, 2x Rare 50%, 2xUR 75%, 1xSUR 80%

As we get more items so I'll shuffle the current ones down the list. Does this look reasonable to the maths whiz/more experienced please? I want the contests fun not frustrating. Hopefully I'll load them tonight, then I can send Sass the details :)
Judi Newall

Postby Amara Twilight » 31 Jan 2009, 05:51

Amara Twilight

Postby Judi Newall » 31 Jan 2009, 06:14

Many thanx Amara, not just for this but all the coaching inworld too!
Judi Newall

Postby Seven Shikami » 31 Jan 2009, 08:45

From the workshop of Seven Shikami, Official 7Seas Code Monkey.
For technical support please contact 7Seas Sass by IM in Second Life.
Seven Shikami

Postby Amara Twilight » 01 Feb 2009, 12:16

ahh ok thats a bit clearer, i was wondering if it rolled per chance or if it was just divided up amongst 100. Thanks for clearing that up.

on the c/uc thing you could always just nudge 5% from uc to c making it 30/40 instead of 45/25. that would even it out a bit. don't know how easy that is on your end though
Amara Twilight

Next

Return to OpenSeas Creations