[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
7Seas Fishing Forum • View topic - Archive of older announcements

Archive of older announcements

News from the 7Seas development team. Only administrators can start new threads here. Any registered user can reply.

Archive of older announcements

Postby 7Seas Sass » 18 Dec 2008, 10:01

Here's an archive of older announcements, most recent ones first. If you found this through a search, I suggest you check for even newer entries in the Official Announcements forum: viewforum.php?f=2

December 8: Frost and Raccoon Fishes, Gingerbread Fish

Twelve new fish: frost fishes and raccoon fishes. See our for details and rarities.

There's also a new group freebie, the Gingerbread Fish! To get it, go into the group notice history for "7Seas Social Chat" or "7Seas Fishing" and grab the version from the "... now with naming" notice. It's only available for 14 days, so tell your friends!
You can just call me "Sass." I am your official customer support gal! Send me an IM in Second Life (name: 7Seas Sass) if you need individual help.
7Seas Sass

Re: Archive of older announcements

Postby 7Seas Sass » 18 Dec 2008, 13:07

December 5: Child's Play Charity Event: Success!

Our was a tremendous success thanks to our generous community! The final tally: L$174,187, which is US$1,186 after matching the first 140k of donations. Highlights included massive bulk bait rampages, great live music, an auction of a 40 meter long fishing rod, and some really epic contests held at Flotsam and all over SL by our wonderful fishing community. Thank you all!
You can just call me "Sass." I am your official customer support gal! Send me an IM in Second Life (name: 7Seas Sass) if you need individual help.
7Seas Sass

November 25: Aquariums, Musicians, and Tourney

Three things to note today. One: The 2.0 update to 7Seas Aquariums is ready! New buyers will have 2.0's already; current aquarium owners will get upgrade kits sent to them automatically within 3 days. (If not, IM 7Seas Sass.) The new aquariums add private/public switches and other new features! Public ones are a great addition to any fishing area!

Second, we've got two confirmed musical acts for your enjoyment at Dec. 5th's : Phemie Alcott and Onehempcat Oldrich! They'll join Keiko Takamura. More to come!

Third, thanks to everyone who attended the "" fishing tourney today! The full show should be available in their archive tomorrow. We'll add a direct link here and send a group notice when it's up.
7Seas Sass

November 23: Butterflyfishes, Banned, and Muted Fish

Seven new buttterflyfishes -- as you can guess, they're true to their name. And there's also a "banned" fish and a "muted" fish! See our for details and rarities.

November 18: A Band of Fish -- and an Interview

We've added seven not-too-rare Banded Fish to the waters, a treat for all including our newbie fishers. They're listed on our . Enjoy! And in other good news, there are more fish prepped for next week and for the week after that! Stay tuned...

Also -- Jen and Seven Shikami were interviewed about 7Seas by Saffia Widdershins for SLCN's "meta makeover" program on Tuesday, November 18. Thank you to everyone who joined the live studio audience! There will be a follow-up contest event on Tuesday, November 25, at 2 PM SLT.
7Seas Sass

November 10: Sharky Duo

Two new UltraRare sharks are swimming by -- the Card Shark and the Nurse Shark! Re-wear your fishing rod and your Oceanography Database once to make them catchable. We've added them to the .

October 31: Happy Halloween!

If you're a member of either the 7Seas Fishing or 7Seas Social Chat groups, grab the Unique Fish: Halloween Batfish today -- it'll only be available for 14 days!

Meanwhile, the sinister Vampire Squid and its younger brother the normal Batfish have been spotted in the oceans. Oceans of BLOOD... be careful, fishers!

October 2: Upgrade to 3.1 Fishing Rods Today!

Hot on the heels of last month's 3.0 fishing rod update comes version 3.1. This version fixes some critical bait related bugs. If you're still using a 3.0 rod, use the Upgrade Kit that you get when you wear your old rod, and upgrade today! Starting next week, older rods won't be able to catch fish!

You can check which version you have by clicking your rod and checking the blue popup menu, or typing /1 menu. If you have any difficulty with the upgrade, please send an IM to 7Seas Sass for assistance.

September 21: New Goldfishes!

Nine new goldfishes may now be caught from a 7Seas fishing area near you! See the for names.

July 13: Shirts, Marlins, and New Vendors!

Uhoh! A cargo ship upended off the coast of Bay City, spilling crates of 7Seas t-shirts into the water. Can you fish any out? If so, you're welcome to them! Also, a variety of marlin have been seen in the waters!

Last week, we issued a "passive update" to our Gear Vendors, a non-mandatory upgrade which adds a few new features to tide us over until the big 3.0 launch in August. If you'd like the new 2.2 Vendors, use your Proof of Purchase (wear it, click it) to fetch a fresh copy of the Fishing Area Kit. Don't have a Proof of Purchase object? Send an IM to 7Seas Sass asking for one, along with a a Landmark to your fishing area.
7Seas Sass

Postby 7Seas Sass » 18 Dec 2008, 13:10

June 29: Tuna, Salmon, and Reminder About Sass!

Tuna and Salmon will be swimming around within a day at a fishing area near you! These are the first of our "game fish" sets, traditional fishermen's delights, and are available in corresponding sizes based on rarity. How much can YOU haul away? See the .

Also, a reminder -- ALL 7Seas questions, support issues, or item nondeliveries need to be sent to 7Seas Sass by IM, not to Seven Shikami or anyone else. Doing so will only delay prompt response to your message, as we must forward them along to her anyway. Fishing area owners, tell your fishers -- fishers, tell your friends. Get the word out! The less time we spend rerouting things, the more time we can devote to new fish, new features, and new fun!
7Seas Sass

Postby 7Seas Sass » 18 Dec 2008, 13:15

There were some even older announcements, too, but many were out of date so I didn't add them here.

If you found this page through a search, I suggest you check for even newer entries in the Official Announcements forum: viewforum.php?f=2
7Seas Sass

Return to Official Announcements