[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
7Seas Fishing Forum • View topic - OpenSeas Clear Vendor Bases

OpenSeas Clear Vendor Bases

No promotion here please! Discuss building, collecting, and using community catchables and 7Seas-compatible buyables. Any registered user can start new threads here and reply.

OpenSeas Clear Vendor Bases

Postby 7Seas Sass » 05 Jan 2009, 20:50

See this announcement if you haven't already, "New Vendor and Contest Board Styles"
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69

It's not stated explicitly there, but you can retexture and resell your own vendor bases! They're fullperms. :)

If you have a fishing area kit, use your Proof of Purchase to get the latest version. Unpack this box: "(7S Boxed Stuff) More Vendor/Board Styles". The fullperms base for the clear vendor is in there, along with a manual that explains all about how to modify it, align it, and sell or redistribute it through OpenSeas.

If you don't have the fishing area kit but would like to try this out, send me an IM in-world and I can send you the base and manual. You won't be able to test alignment, but maybe a friend would rez a clear vendor for you to align the base with for testing.

The base's root prim of the base is microscopic and tricky; I had to set it up that way to ensure it would line up using the same coordinates as the clear vendor.

Also, on a related note, that same box from the Fishing Area Kit includes a clear contest board. We didn't bother including a special base for that since any builder in SL can easily drop a box or basic signboard behind it. I guess you could sell matching prefab boxes/signboards/whatever to go behind those, too.
You can just call me "Sass." I am your official customer support gal! Send me an IM in Second Life (name: 7Seas Sass) if you need individual help.
7Seas Sass

Re: OpenSeas Clear Vendor Bases

Postby Amara Twilight » 06 Jan 2009, 04:59

That is fantastic :)

Request: may we get some MOTD signs and basic 7Seas fishing are info signs in clear too so we can put together fully themed docks?
Amara Twilight

Postby Seven Shikami » 06 Jan 2009, 09:47

I'll probably be doing those tonight. It's kinda overkill to make every little piece of the system have clear variants, but those two items are pretty simple, so I guess it can't hurt.

I'm thinking the 'clear' version of the info sign will be a lot more prims (since it'll no longer just be a fake multi-sign) so I'll make that one MOD-OK. It's not like it has any intense, secured scripting, it's a dirt simple notecard giver.

Edit: Took 5 minutes, so they're in there now. PoP yourself a copy.
From the workshop of Seven Shikami, Official 7Seas Code Monkey.
For technical support please contact 7Seas Sass by IM in Second Life.
Seven Shikami

Postby Amara Twilight » 10 Jan 2009, 14:57

Amara Twilight

Postby Judi Newall » 30 Jan 2009, 04:47

These are excellent TY! I've gone from a small fishing hole to a revamped very SciFi area and this option is exactly what I needed.
Judi Newall

Return to OpenSeas Creations