[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
7Seas Fishing Forum • View topic - How do people feel about having a forum for Trading?

How do people feel about having a forum for Trading?

For discussion of all things 7Seas, user-to-user support, and fish or salvage trade requests. Any registered user can start new threads here and reply.

Would you like a sub-forum dedicated to just trading customs & official fish?

Poll ended at 21 Dec 2008, 15:33

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 18

How do people feel about having a forum for Trading?

Postby Amara Twilight » 18 Dec 2008, 15:33

I'd like to know if people would like the admins/moderators to create a forum specifically for trading of the standard 7seas fish and of course all the customs out there. I think it would be far easier to contain such posts into one forum area then try to sort through all sorts of other chatter in any other forum for being able to find what someone has/needs and swapping or just helping someone out.

How do you all feel about this?

Amara Twilight
Amara Twilight

Re: How do people feel about having a forum for Trading?

Postby Jordguitar Flasheart » 18 Dec 2008, 15:34

I would like that and it would help keeping all of that in one area
Jordguitar Flasheart

Postby Malkavyn Eldritch » 18 Dec 2008, 15:36

If used in the right way and moderated (I think Amara should have to do it :twisted:) I think it could be a good thing. Especially as hard as it is to find "rare" collectibles when certain unnamed fishing holes change the name of their fish :P
Malkavyn Eldritch
Malkavyn Eldritch

Postby Seven Shikami » 18 Dec 2008, 15:41

We considered it, but we launched the forums with only 4 subboards rather than subboards for every conceivable specified topic as a 'starter set'... to see how things develop from here, to see if there's a genuine need. I've been on too many forums with 18+ boards, of which only 4 get used and the rest get a post every month or so at best.

But, like I said in another thread, if things shake out that it seems like the reasonable thing to do to add a new board on any particular subject, including trading, we'll do it. This poll will help guide that decision (but it's still our decision in the end, of course, this isn't a democracy :)
From the workshop of Seven Shikami, Official 7Seas Code Monkey.
For technical support please contact 7Seas Sass by IM in Second Life.
Seven Shikami

Postby Amara Twilight » 18 Dec 2008, 15:45

Amara Twilight

Postby Nexuiz Amaterasu » 19 Dec 2008, 11:02

I don't see a problem with it. I think it would be a great addition!
Nexuiz Amaterasu

Postby 7Seas Sass » 19 Dec 2008, 12:39

Personally I'm willing to wait to see if this section is getting overwhelmed with trading requests. I mean, why make a new sub-forum if it does turn out just a few people are actually posting trades?

Considering this is the only non-mod-started topic here so far, we have no way of knowing how it'll go. ;)

The important thing is to note that trade requests are welcome here -- I'll revise the forum description to reflect that.

Out of curiosity, would you all consider a "I'm trading or giving away these rare fish I caught" post to be significantly different from a "I'm selling these rare fish I caught" post?
You can just call me "Sass." I am your official customer support gal! Send me an IM in Second Life (name: 7Seas Sass) if you need individual help.
7Seas Sass

Postby Holocluck Henly » 20 Dec 2008, 09:22

The chat group is already good for those people who really need something and don't want to earn it. It would just be too easy here to the point that people who didn't even want to fish would get full sets. It wouldn't do you any good to promote it IMHO

I've turned down LOLCatfishes. The super ultra rares are my challenge. That's my personal preferences. When I finally fish out my LOLCatfish and others I want, they will be very special because of all the time and experiences leading up to that moment.

I do however hold multiples of blueprints, salvage and clothes and have accepted these in the past from others. My new friends coming inworld appreciate the clothes ;)
- Customs by Holocluck Henly.
Coming Soon: fishing contests with custom trophies!
Also: in historic Nova Albion
Holocluck Henly

Postby Celeste Cazenove » 20 Dec 2008, 12:43

Well, thats something you could do and I wouldnt be against it... but i dont really see a NEED for it since ppl seem to be able to do this in group easily enough :)
Come catch my new customs at CC's Fish Factory http://slurl.com/secondlife/Symbiotic/36/141/25
SL Marketplace merchant, view all my (CC)PG's at: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/24038
Celeste Cazenove

Postby LittleHelper Eichel » 21 Dec 2008, 03:55

I prefer to cast for a fish by myself.... so my answer is a clear No ;-)

Greetings
LH
---
LittleHelper Eichel @ - the friendly german Usenetforum
LittleHelper Eichel

Next

Return to 7Seas General Discussion