[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
7Seas Fishing Forum • View topic - Feature Proposal: Official Autocasting

Feature Proposal: Official Autocasting

For discussion of all things 7Seas, user-to-user support, and fish or salvage trade requests. Any registered user can start new threads here and reply.

Re: Feature Proposal: Official Autocasting

Postby Migizi North » 19 Feb 2009, 14:56

I love the idea of having an autocaster built into the rod. That's one less thing i have to worry about when i'm fishing. I use a gesture now as a matter of conveniance, but usually I'm too busy chatting to reset it when it runs out. That's why i have it play a song at the end to remind me. I don't fish long in an area when i'm alone, so the social aspect of the game is the biggest draw for me.

As for the security hole... and this should be a no-brainer... plug it! I'm sure that when micro$oft plugs a security hole there are lots of people (hackers) who get upset when their tools quit working... too bad.

I love this game AND the people who created it, so whatever you decide, I'll still be here fishing, building customs, and helping out however I can.
Migizi North

Postby Rails » 19 Feb 2009, 14:56

Nibbles on a bacon sandwich.

Seven has to protect his investmment and if that means closing a hole in the code, so be it.

This seems to be centred around marathons, which IMHO are a waste of time and just a means to get constant traffic at a sim, and the end reward if you win, dont justify the amount of time or bait you have used.

Reality check, there are people who have disabilities in real life, and can escape their disabilites in secondlife and become part of this great community, they achieve a sense of freedom denied to them in real life.

If anyone doesnt like disabled people in secondlife, or denies their right to be here then folks you are being discriminatory.

So what is the solution, well it is obvious to me, Seven create an official 7seas auto caster.

Sim owners can elect to allow residents to use one or not, this is not rocket science.

From my standpoint, my fishing friends can catch the fish with their teeth if they want, so long as they are having fun.

I dont do marathons, the max time for a contest I run is one hour.

So seven PLEASE bring out a official 7seas autocaster.

And for those of the fishing coimunity who dont like disabled people, and allowing these people to experience 7seas fishing using a autocaster, you are cutting your own throat.

Secondlife is supposed to be divoid of the barriers we see in first life.
Rails

Postby Atashi Toshihiko » 19 Feb 2009, 14:58

Atashi Toshihiko

Postby Barbara Schwarz » 19 Feb 2009, 15:01

(removed)
Last edited by Barbara Schwarz on 24 Feb 2009, 09:50, edited 2 times in total.
Barbara Schwarz

Postby Lyansidde » 19 Feb 2009, 15:02

I strongly support the use and development of an official autocaster. However, it should be a minimum of two hours long. Additionally, landowners should be able to block it only in marathons.
Lyansidde

Postby Seven Shikami » 19 Feb 2009, 15:06

Not to derail things, but -- I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong.

The ethics really come into play more when a tool is USED than when it is created. An autocaster which has no detection and no suppression can be abused in an area which disallows autocasting, but the shady/unethical aspect comes into play when someone actually DOES said abuse of the tool. Otherwise the tool is a tool. I'd like to think people would make an effort to make a tool that's LESS abusable, but in the end abuse is a willful action on behalf of the tool holder.

Even after we add an official autocaster (IF we add one! It's still up for discussion!) anybody using a third party one in direct defiance of a fishing area owner's wishes is unethical. Simply owning or creating one is not the problem.

Now, that said, there's lots of good reasons in this thread for why an autocaster is legitimate and useful -- physical disabilities, social convenience, newbie experience, etc. Are there any votes against, and if so, what reasoning is there for why autocasting harm the 7Seas experience?
From the workshop of Seven Shikami, Official 7Seas Code Monkey.
For technical support please contact 7Seas Sass by IM in Second Life.
Seven Shikami

Postby Jen Shikami » 19 Feb 2009, 15:11

Official builder for 7Seas Fishing. Learn more at http://7seasfishing.com
For technical support, please contact 7Seas Sass by IM in Second Life.
Jen Shikami

Postby anddy heartsdale » 19 Feb 2009, 15:21

I feel an offical autocasters would be a great idea makingit a more level field
anddy heartsdale

Postby Jen Shikami » 19 Feb 2009, 15:28

Official builder for 7Seas Fishing. Learn more at http://7seasfishing.com
For technical support, please contact 7Seas Sass by IM in Second Life.
Jen Shikami

Postby Atashi Toshihiko » 19 Feb 2009, 15:53

Atashi Toshihiko

PreviousNext

Return to 7Seas General Discussion